Funding

Business funding is available to all stages of business (including those not yet trading). We can help members through the process so get in touch.

South East Business Boost

The South East Business Boost (SEBB) programme offers growth grants to small and medium sized businesses in Kent.

Grants range from a minimum of £1,000 to a maximum of £10,000. The programme can fund up to 30% of the costs of qualifying projects, with the remaining 70% being met by the business.

kentandmedwaygrowthhub.org.uk/south-east-business

The Manufacturing Growth Programme Grant Scheme

For small to medium sized businesses

For manufacturers who are able to demonstrate an intention to grow/improve

To support the costs of working with an external expert

https://www.manufacturinggrowthprogramme.co.uk/

TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies)

ERDF-funded project designed for SMEs in the Transport and Logistics sector to make the most of their logistics data to improve profit margins and reduce costs. This includes:

Data Analysis/1-2-1 support/Funding

https://www.tale.org.uk/

Start Up Grant in Medway

Pre-start businesses only

Up to £1,000

Must be based in Medway

For More information call the Kent and Medway Growth Hub on 01233 22544

Growth Loan in Medway

Established businesses only (min. 2 years trading)

Up to £10,000 interest free loan

If in commercial property, must be paying Business Rates in Medway

For More information contact the Kent and Medway Growth Hub on 01233 225447

LEADER

Rural Grant Scheme
>Up to 40% of project costs >£50,000 maximum (negotiable)
>Location Dependent >Must create jobs and growth

Kent Downs and Marshes LEADER - leaderprogrammekent.org
East Kent LEADER - leaderprogrammekent.org
West Kent LEADER - westkentleader.org.uk

EOI's Deadline- beginning October 2018 latest
Full Applications Deadline - beginning of December 2018 latest
Contracts for Full Applications - Signed by end of January 2019

SELEP

Innovation Investment Loan – future funding enquiry

https://www.kent.gov.uk/business/business-loans-and-funding/innovation-loans

The Innovation Investment Loan scheme (i3) is funded by the South East Local Enterprise Partnership, Local Growth Fund and aims to deliver over £2 million of loans to local businesses in 2018/19.

The scheme offers 0% loans between £200,000 and £999,999 to small and medium sized businesses with the potential for innovation and high growth; to develop new or expand existing products, services, or processes, where these will lead to sustainable new employment.

The deadline for pre-applications closed on 7 December 2018. However, if you wish to register your interest in accessing future funding, complete our expression of interest form.

South East Local Enterprise Partnership

European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
There are 3 current foods

Food Processing > £3.7M allocated for the Food Processing Sector
Rural Toursim > £2.6M allocated for the Rural Tourism Sector
Business Development > £2M allocated for Business Development

Closing date for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) has been extended to 31 May 2018 and the new completion date for projects is now 31 December 2020.

southeastlep.com/european-funding

Kent and Medway Business Fund

Kent County Council are offering 0% interest loans between £50,000 and £500,000 to small and medium sized businesses in Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Folkestone and Hythe, Gravesham, Maidstone, Medway, Sevenoaks, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge and Malling, and Tunbridge Wells.

The scheme aims to deliver investment to businesses across Kent and Medway and is funded by loan repayments from our previous Regional Growth Fund schemes (Expansion East Kent, Tiger and Escalate).

The current phase will close to new pre-applications on the 30 April 2018.

kent.gov.uk/business

The Kent and Medway Business Fund has just launched a new fund offering 0% loans between £50K-£100K to SMEs in Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Folkestone and Hythe, Gravesham, Maidstone, Medway, Sevenoaks, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge and Malling, and Tunbridge Wells.

This fund opened for pre-applications on the 24th June and will remain open until the fund has been exhausted which it is estimated may be around six months so don’t wait to apply!

Click on the following link for all information and check out Appendix 9 which relates to food and farming production

https://www.kent.gov.uk/business/business-loans-and-funding/kent-and-medway-business-fund#tab-1

Join